number 2

Thursday, June 3, 2010


flowering crab in the back gardens of 29 Black Street

Won't you be my number two
Me and number one are through
There won't be too much to do
Just smile when I feel blue

And there's not much left of me
What you get is what you see
Is it worth the energy
I leave it up to you

And if you got something to say to me
Don't try to play your funny ways on me
I know that it's really not fair of me
But my heart's seen too much action

And every time I look at you
You'll be who I want you to
And I'll do what I can do
To make a dream or two come true
If you'll be my
If you be my number two


Joe Jackson - Won't You Be My No. 2

a beautiful song stuck in my head this early morning



6 comments:

  1. this post is such a lovely way to start my morning. thanks!

    xo Alison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful words and pictures. Thanks for sharing.

    Cheers,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colour is stunning, the sentiments sweet.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These words fill my eyes with tears...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought it was a nice poem so now I'm trying to put a tune to it. I'll just make up my own..
    Pretty crabs. I think that is what I have a picture of that I didn't know what it was!
    Nice bokah on the top one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet - I think when we get to this stage of our lives it's not really accurate to call what we bring into a new relationship "baggage." We just bring our whole lives with us. That song is a sweet way of putting it, I think.

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.