hunting hurts

Friday, March 26, 2010



last years Cosmos - a late in the season bloomer and an all time favourite of mine

I'm in a bit of a funk this early morning. So what's new pussycat ? Happens all the time. I'll be strolling along the winding path that is my life and suddenly, out of the corner of my eye, I'll catch some sparkly hurt off in the distance, away from the path, twinkling at me from the packed bushes and brambles. Heaven forbid I choose to ignore it's glittering brilliance. I say to myself oh Susan I'm sure you'll find plenty o'hurts along this path. Why not leave this one for the crows ... and just keep on keepin' on. But oh no, far be it from me to leave a teeny, tiny, budding hurt where it lies, why not go get it, get myself off of the safe and secure path on which I currently tread, crash around a bit in those oh so familiar tangled wilds, pick up that baby hurt, wrap it up in fleece, cradle it to my bosom and nurture it, as only I know how to do. Grow it ... my specialty.

Uh Huh ! You get the drift. Having forgotten to leave my trail of breadcrumbs or to bring my handy dandy bushwhacker (it's tucked into the neat and tidy shed). I'm struggling and scrambling this early morning to find my way out of this mess of brambles and back up onto that darn ol' path of mine. I'll find it again ... I always do.

sighing.

6 comments:

  1. Must be Mercury in retrograde or something in the Spring air; maybe our biorhythms are out of whack. Feeling the same funky blues in beautiful Alaska. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I know that struggle to try to ignore the hurt! I believe it was Benjamin Franklin who said...Do not anticipate trouble or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girrrrrrrrrrrrrrrlllllllllll, gotta have a little yin hurt for all that yang happiness don't cha?

    Balance, it's all about the balance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you are having a "low." I totally understand! I think I may have ocd in having to pick up hurts. I am saying "no" all the time my hand is reaching to pick them up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Part of life Susan. I with ya on it. More happiness that hurt'll get you through.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I met you coming down the path....
    come back soon

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.