tag

Tuesday, June 9, 2009



allium

I've been tagged by Rachel at slow lane life

What is your current obsession? oh that's tough ... I have so many obsessions I'm very much an all or nothing girl. I'm obsessed currently with trying to figure out the next chapter of my life. Specifically, where I want to live, I think about it all the time yet I feel completely devoid of even a semi solid opinion. I'm pretty obsessed about all things design and of course about my family of animals

What is your weirdest obsession? now we're talking ... I think it's safe to say I'm just a weirdly and easily obsessed person. An example hmmmm. I like to rescue any and all insects that I find inside my house by taking them outside (in summer of course) ... mostly I'm saving them from the jaws and claws of the killer tag team duo Gus & Oliver or I just imagine that they'd be much happier outside in the vast overgrown jungle that is our yard - a brand new ecosystem for them to explore.

What are you wearing today? beige fleece and chocolate brown summer weight cargo pants - it's a bit of a uniform

What's for dinner? spanakopita (spinach, feta, onions) pizza

What would you eat for your last meal? plain potato chips, cheetos cheesies and cake & ice cream with a big mug of icy diet ginger ale. M. Invincible would choose grilled fat garlic & lemon shrimp, caesar salad and strawberry shortcake

What's the last thing you bought? a jumbo bottle of plaque fighting mouth rinse which came with a free tres fantastic toothbrush - it's my new favourite thing. Seems I have a thing for toothbrushes.

What are you listening to right now? CBC radio 1 (almost always)

What do you think of the person who tagged you? Rachel at slow lane life. She's very kind, interesting and I love the descriptive, yet spare, witty style of her writing

If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished, anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be? Right here at 29 Black Street or Paris (6th arrondissement - s'il vous plait - might as well dream big or stay home) or a house just down the street from MLou's house ... I can't decide

If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go? to visit Jake

Which language do you want to learn? dog

What's your favourite quote (for now)? rock on !

What is your favourite colour? red

What is your favourite piece of clothing in your own wardrobe? a tres homely, olive green fleece, bagged out turtle neck which says (and feels exactly like) comfort & security to me. Sadly I've had to put it away for the warmer months. Stacy & Clinton come to Canada Please !!

What is your dream job? I have my dream job ... but if I were to do something completely different I'd like be a scientist - an entomologist or a marine biologist

Describe your personal style classic tres casual with a twist

What is your favourite tree? I love all trees but if I had to pick one it would be poplars. I love the sound their leaves make in the breeze and they grow really big and tall

What are you going to do after this? I'll go for a stroll along the harbour with my best girl Winnie Dixon

What is your favourite fruit? fresh pineapple followed by cherries a close second and then blueberries - we live in the blueberry capital of the world

What inspires you? pretty much everything

Your favourite books? Gerald Durrell's - Corfu Trilogy top spot by a long shot followed by Ant & Bee by Angela Banner and a big hardcover book - Peanuts Treasury that my late father gave me one Christmas long ago. I haven't mentioned novels because my favourite fiction changes all the time.

What are you currently reading? P.D. James - The Private Patient and Life in the Undergrowth by David Attenborough

Go to your bookshelf, take down the first book with a red spine you see, turn to page 26 and type out the first sentence On the feast of the Annunciation in 1482, the papal town of Ascoli Piceno in Italy was granted limited rights of self government. Are you on the edge of your seat ? from Angels In Art Belinda Wilkinson

What delighted you the most today? Winnie's smiling face when we met up with the girl's and dogs - Baby Duke & Maggy Sue this early morning at the beach and watching Gus & Oliver peel around the house, chasing each other

By what criteria do you judge a person? How they treat animals (all animals - and that includes insects and mice)

My added question:
Are you artistic or crafty ? how does your passion show up in your life ?
and I realize that might be two questions

The rules: Respond and rework: answer the questions on your blog, replace one question with a question of your own. Tag eight other people. And of course, as all tags go, you may choose to ignore this request. Play if you like.

163 Degrees
War of the Nuts
Fucked Up Chick
Textilosophy
Sunshine & Dew
Yoborobo
Chickory
Remembering Paris
Chasing Vulpecula

it's election day here in Nova Scotia and it's very exciting because it's one of those rare times in my life - which comes around like a comet from space every 19 years or so when the party that I vote for may actually win ... and possibly with a majority. Fingers crossed.




16 comments:

  1. Hi - I came to your blog through inch by inch (paris) I don't see a special art work for today yet, but I loved the piccture of those purple flowers. What ar they? Also, what kind of camera do you use, I desperately need a new one...and I like your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the same thing with insects, carry them outside but oh dear, we had ants:(((( Hundreds of them.That was a dilemma.I tried all kinds of natural repellents and then had to go with something lethal. Ridiculous, but I felt bad about it.

    6th in Paris....all the way!We rented an apartment there for two weeks and it was HEAVEN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you tagged me? when im 'spossed to be drawing a dog today??! haha its okay im ahead of schedule. finished the fox last night.

    oh fleece, fleece i love you so.

    now. go out there and dig up those giant allium and send them to me. that is MY obsession. how did you know??

    paris. its lovely. but what to do about the parisans ? grrrherhahaha just kiddin (sort of)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hee hee - your page 26 was even less sex drugs and rock & roll than my Wayside and Woodland Blossoms!

    And I carry insects outside too - maybe not the hundredth ant, which is when I give in and get the Ant Stop disc out, but for the same reason - not caring to watch drawn-out bloodletting by kittens.

    Well done! Rachel Who Tagged You (and might do it again!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, those allium are soooo beautiful! What a yard you have!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy nuts, I've been tagged. Will do my best tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your purple alliums. They were definitely on my have-to-have list this year. And mysteriously never got purchased. I like your frankness, your words that would be so much like my own, and your true love of animals. (An important criteria for "friend.") I almost cried when you responded: "Jake." I imagine you in fact did...
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yikes! I've been tagged! :) I'm actually exceedingly boring, and so I might have to take a few days and fictionalize my life. :) I, too, am a bug carrier from way back. And fleece rules the planet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your allium is divine. So pretty.

    I loved your tag info!! Especially that last meal. You know, technically, I'm not so sure ice cream and potato chips constitute a "meal"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ive just come in from my garden and suddenly I want to be in yours. It looks so summery and peaceful. Mine is wet and muddy. I always move the worms out of the way of my spade if I did and take bugs outside too.

    Cripes this tag might take a while, might shorten it a bit :)

    How about you get a caravan and park up in different places to try them out before you commit to them?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Susan,
    I enjoyed learning a bit more about you here. I wonder how people treat mice? and insects? When we lived in colder climates most bugs would take a rest for a season at least...here they try to take over! City mouse and Country mouse is a cute story...you would probably relate to the characters...cute. I like your added question about art and craft...sometimes there is not much of a difference. Love the purple...does it get any prettier than that? Politically speaking, hope you have cause to celebrate. Thank you for responding to my email Ms Busy and Productive. <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful pictures! So beautiful! These flowers have such a special meaning to me as well.

    I will play your meme, but most likely Friday, if that is OK with you. My heart is not into anything today and I still need to muster up the strength to write something for tomorrow's weekly blog.

    Thinking of you and the furry gang. xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really enjoyed this Susan!!
    You are a wonderful writer!
    Love to you and the les gang!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well written meme to boot. I loved learning more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love ur photos. they are amazing

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome! Thx for info.
    [url=http://insects-world.org.ru/]visit my site[/url]

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.