moments

Wednesday, May 7, 2008


one red daisy

Peepers and lobster boats, fog in the harbour, bubbles with patchouli and orange and a big mug of coffee - my early morning here at 29 Black Street.

A near perfect day yesterday ... steady productivity, another afternoon walk in warm sunshine on sand bars and through tide pools with my girl Miss Dixon. Back to the desk for another few evening hours of drawing & details and then a happy sound sleep.

It definitely was a day of moments ... the best kind. A day that blows by you gently and with ease. One moment melting into the next until the sky outside my window had turned orange and the sun, over our little harbour, had begun to dip below the horizon. The kind of day I wish for all my days to be and I believe a sign of things to come ... of peace and happiness ... of unabated creativity ... and near constant contentment. All worries and frets and sadness dissolving and falling away. Sigh.

I am very grateful for the peace and serenity that surrounds me every day and of the joy and love my family of animals (unconditionally as always) give to me in all of their moments.


another photo of new studio - blue black first coat on floors

4 comments:

  1. Delicious. I'd like to step into your moments myself. I love a day like that. You mention tide pools. My most treasured Oregon Coast past time is hopping from rock to rock and squatting perilously to gaze into the seething tide pools. Do you have star fish there? They are one of my favorite tide pool creatures. The sheer number of them is just astounding in a few places I go in Oregon. And so colorful. The first time I saw them in the wild, I was surprised speechless at their brilliant colors. I always thought they were tan as one sees them in shell shops, but they are drab then only because they are dead. Like hummingbirds, their brilliance wanes as they die.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning red daisy.

    Enjoyed your tribute to yesterday. So many of our days pass without taking the time to really appreciate each moment. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Beautiful photo, beautiful post. I love the way you describe things, like this:

    "Peepers and lobster boats, fog in the harbour, bubbles with patchouli and orange and a big mug of coffee - my early morning here at 29 Black Street."

    --Ahhhh... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like things are going well for you, Susan, which is pretty inspiring. Thank you for sharing your lovely moments.

    ReplyDelete

Hey ! We LOVE comments here at 29 Black Street.
Thanks for stopping by.